THE QUICKEST WAY TO CREATE, MANAGE & SHARE NOTES USING IPHONE, IPOD TOUCH, IPAD OR COMPUTER
- What is WikiTouch?WikiTouch is a Note-Taking and Personal Wiki specifically designed for mobile users who own iPhone or iPod Touch. It provides easy access to your personal and professional Notes, while you are on the go. Using WikiTouch, you create Notes that are stored locally on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
Notes can be meeting notes, reminders, presentation or event notes, but also org charts or any type of information you need to remember and have access to at any time. But the great idea behind WikiTouch is that you can link and share your Personal Wiki with other Personal Wikis from people you trust (family, friends, co-workers, project team, ...).
Notes are not only text, you can embed document (pdf, doc, xls, ppt, ...), photos, audio files or videos .... and you can share them as well with friends. Notes can contain text or any type of links to other Notes, photos, document, audio or even video files. WikiTouch help you to organize much better your digital life. You can even decide to share part of your Notes or digital content with people you trust, whether they own an iPhone or not, as WikiTouch interoperate smoothly with standard Web browsers as well.
Because, WikiTouch is a Personal Wiki, you can Link Notes together, with your own structure. You decide whatever menu and submenu you want, you decide how to organize your digital life.
You can have access to your Notes even if you have no network connectivity, while on the plane for example ; and as soon as you get a network connection (wifi or 3G), your Notes will automatically synchronize with your home business computer. With WikiTouch, that's really like you bring with you in your pocket your complete digital life. With WikiTouch you will never miss important information or file, it's your digital brain.
- What is a Personal Wiki?A Personal wiki allows user to organize information on their desktop or mobile computing devices in a manner similar to community wikis, where you can define Notes, Edit them and link them together in order to build, manage and organize quickly and easily your personal content as a full Web Site. In a wiki, anyone who has access to a Page content can contribute or modify this content, using a simplified markup language. Wikis are often used to create collaborative websites and to power community websites.
- How does WikiTouch work?WikiTouch is a software that is installed and run directly in your iPhone or iPod Touch.
Being a native application, WikiTouch can work while offline or online.
Because you want to be able to write or review notes from anywhere at anytime, you can easily sync your notes between your iPhone and your home and business computer. No additional software is required for computers as WikiTouch runs on standard web browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari, on Mac, Windows or Linux).
WikiTouch stores information on the local iPhone or iPod Touch disk. That's why you have the capability to create, edit or delete your content whenever you want, with or without network connectivity.
But because we think it's important to communicate on some Notes with people you trust or between multiple computers, we've created what we call the WikiTouch Tracker in the Network cloud, that takes the responsability of the synchronization between devices and users, so that content or information you care about is always available for any devices.
- Which mobile devices work with WikiTouch?WikiTouch Release 1.1 is supported on the Apple iPhone, iPhone 3G, and iPod Touch from release 3.x of the iPhone software.
- How can I install WikiTouch? WikiTouch is an iPhone and iPod Touch application available for download on the iPhone App Store. It does not require any additional software to install on your computer as computers can have access to WikiTouch functionalities using any standard Web Browser.
- How much does WikiTouch cost? WikiTouch is available for download from the App Store and cost only US$4.99. This unique version provides all the advanced features to manage your notes from your iPhone and to synchronize them with your computer with no additional software to install.
- Can I use WikiTouch and share my Notes using the Cellular Data Networks?Yes, WikiTouch allows you to communicate between your different computers or any friend's iPhone or computer over the 3G or EDGE cellular data networks, as long as the cellular data network has connectivity to the Internet.
- Can I use WikiTouch and share my Notes using Wifi?Yes, WikiTouch allows you to communicate between your different computers or any friend's iPhone or computer over any Wifi network as long as your computer or friend's device is connected to the Internet.
- Can I use WikiTouch while I am offline, with no Wifi or 3G network connection?Yes, you can have full access to your Notes that are stored on your iPhone disk. Obviously, the only restriction with no network connectivity is that you can not share content in realtime with friends or other computers, you will have to wait for the next Network connection to come.
- What happened if I don't get any text on my notes reading my wiki from an iPhone?
For some reason, you could experience a case where your note font size has been set to 0.
Don't worry, your notes are still there. Please apply the following step to configure properly your font size:
- Launch your iPhone Settings
- Go down your list and select WikiTouch settings icon
- Move the slider left and right a little bit to set your font size properly.
- Exit Settings and launch your WikiTouch app again.
- I am having problems getting WikiTouch to work. What can I do about this? If you can't find the help you need in our FAQs or on our support page, you can contact AgileTouch Technical Support via e-mail at email@example.com. In most cases you will receive a reply within one business day.
Please include the following information, as appropriate, in your email:
- email address where you can be contacted
- specify if you are using an iPhone or an iPod Touch and let us know which software version you are using
- specify the Web Browser version you are running on your computer
- tell us what kind of data connection (EDGE, 3G or Wi-Fi) you were using when the problem occurred.
- How can I submit new ideas to improve WikiTouch?How can I tell you about it? Send us an e-mail here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2010 AgileTouch. All Rights Reserved.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPad, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.